Historical reloading component shortages

HockeyDad

This latest reloading component shortage debacle is really the only one I have paid attention to.
For all of you who have been around awhile and have been paying attention, have the ones in the past been about the same as the current one, ie, big rifle (magnum especially) components have been hit hardest, while small pistol seems to be the least affected?
Looking at 9mm component cost vs what I can get manufactured on sale for, I'm thinking of leaving my 9 mm reloading stockpile set, and just shooting all manufctured for now.
.300 WM is opposite end of spectrum. Thinking of building a supply larger than I think I'll need for the rest if my life.
.308 is closer to .300WM..
.223, 40 cal and 45 acp are kind of in no man's land. Fairly significantly cheaper to reload than factory, but do I want to spend the time reloading and making sure my stockpiles are up to snuff vs just picking up factory stuff.
I have been reloading for a few years and already have a single stage, and a turret press, all the dies, and other assorted acroutrement.

I am a retired manufacturing engineer and a competitive shooter/hunter. The "factories" have been focused on 223/556, 9mm, and 308 so run time for hunting and other specialty ammo have been curtailed or eliminated. It is a business so ammo manufacturers will sell volume and not "change over" for lower volume cartridges. Apparently with Israel in a fight, factories are surging for military calibers to feed Israel, Ukraine, and US as we prepare for deployments.

Seen this over and over for last 30 years. Primers are key - stockpile what you need for year+ if you are a competitive shooter. Stockpile hunting ammo or components for multiple seasons.

I have bought 65CM, 260, and 308 small rifle primer brass as large rifle primer harder to get than small rifle primer.

I am a retired manufacturing engineer and a competitive shooter/hunter. The "factories" have been focused on 223/556, 9mm, and 308 so run time for hunting and other specialty ammo have been curtailed or eliminated. It is a business so ammo manufacturers will sell volume and not "change over" for lower volume cartridges. Apparently with Israel in a fight, factories are surging for military calibers to feed Israel, Ukraine, and US as we prepare for deployments.
Bingo. Gov't contracts pay better than obscure cartridges.