Hi Y'all From Georgia

GeorgiaBoy

Hi everybody, I found this forum while looking for parts for two new rifle builds and it has been a great help. thanks for all the advice I've found so far and I'm looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to help y'all with stuff.

Hey Georgia Boy,
I am in South Central Georgia. This is a phenomenal site for advice and the people are, for the most part, the most helpful and civil of any forum I have ever participate on. It is a treasure trove of information. Where in Georgia is home?

Thanks for the replies, I currently call Dawsonville home but growing up I've spent a lot of time at my grandparents running through the Georgia mountains, and the pine forests of central Georgia, I'm hopefully going to be moving soon though down to Wilkes county, there's a lot less people and a lot more freedom. :D

You better move a little further south than that to get away from all the people! Dawsonville area seems to be exploding with growth but the Athens area is growing pretty quickly too. I spent some of the best years of my life in Athens and loved being able to get out of town and into the country quickly. At least you are headed east of Athens. West of Athens, UGA was quickly becoming the University of Greater Atlanta. Glad to see another Georgia shooter on here.

Shawn

Yeah it's gotten to the point where I don't recognize it as my home anymore Thankfully the part of wilkes I'm hoping to move to has nothing but Timber property and it's far enough away that no one moves there :D so when I'm not working I will be free to shoot as much as I want with no yuppie soccer moms telling me that I'm a terrible person scaring their little wiener dogs with my rifle they can hear a mile awaygun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.