Hi there from UK

maccer

Hi

I'm a UK hunter. Been stalking deer for about 3 years. So far I have shot Red Deer, Roe Deer, various small varmints andin January I shot my first wild boar:D

I use a Sako Finn 22LR for plinking and wabbiting.

My main rifle is a Sauer 202 Elegance in 6.5x55mm

My next two rifles will be a 6.5x284 for long range deer hunting work and a 22-250 for long range foxing.

I think I can learn a lot from the members here and maybe make some contacts to help me organise my first North American hunting trip.

Cheers
PS I should have mentioned I served 9 years in the military in UK

Last edited:
Welcome! I think you'll enjoy this forum. Lots of good info to be found. I always enjoy my trips to the UK, it would be cool to hunt there some day. Also, I appreciate your service to your country.

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. Actually I spent much of my time working closely with the US Navy and a bit with the Air Force. Anyway, that was a different life :)

Your location shows as Belgium. Not too far from there to UK for hunting

Cheers

Last edited:
True. I just didn't make the time and wasn't prepared for how expensive it is to live here. Only in Belgium for another 7 or 8 weeks (been here about 2 years), then back to the States--just in time for deer season. The family and I made several trips to the UK, must say it was refreshing to not have to deal with any language barrier. Good luck to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.