Hi, Folks

Uncle Russ

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to introduce myself and to thank the moderators for the privilege of posting on this site. My name is Russ Roberts and my forum name is Uncle Russ. I am 63 years old and have been hunting with everything from BB guns on up since Truman was president. I am not the world's greatest shot, either with rifle, shotgun, or handgun, and most of my hunting, both for Texas whitetails and Colorado and Wyoming deer and elk has been under 300 yards. I am getting more and more interested in pulling my stand back 400 or 500 yards from the feeder down here in south Texas and pot-shotting hogs for the fun of seeing whether I can hit them.

I want to say at the outset that I am no expert, so be gentle. :D

Russ

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Russ.

Sounds like a good plan for those hogs. Let us know how it goes and in the meantime just practice, practice and then practice some more.

And, you may have to explain who Truman was. Some of these young guys don't go back very far.:):)

Thanks very much for the kind welcome, ss. I was reading the thread on "What is Long Range Hunting" and had to agree with the post that mentioned the human element. Right now, I have to admit that I find 300 yards a bit of a challenge--that's why I am here. :)

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone, or, if you do not celebrate it, then the happiest of holidays.

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.