Hey another newbie

Cb750

Hello all, new guy here from Ontario. Not much long range hunting to be done here. I am here to learn. I have friends out West and we plan to do some backpack hunting out there. In the meantime I need to work on my abilities and acquire/build the appropriate mountain rifle. Currently shooting a .243 for yotes and deer. Best shot I've made is an inch and a half group at 240yds (tricked out 308 from a bench) So I've got work to do. Reading some posts recently I think this is the place to do it.

jumpmasterkolo

LRH Team Member
Hello all, new guy here from Ontario. Not much long range hunting to be done here. I am here to learn. I have friends out West and we plan to do some backpack hunting out there. In the meantime I need to work on my abilities and acquire/build the appropriate mountain rifle. Currently shooting a .243 for yotes and deer. Best shot I've made is an inch and a half group at 240yds (tricked out 308 from a bench) So I've got work to do. Reading some posts recently I think this is the place to do it.
Welcome from Tennessee

Cb750

Welcome from across the border, good weather eh?
Haha, yeah I don't remember the winters being this mild as a kid EH. Although I am in Southern Ontario almost in line with Detroit.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and expertise around here.

I agree theres lots of expertise here I think back to marksmanship training and some of the advice is repeated here but the depth of knowledge and science available here is awesome.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.