Hey another newbie

Cb750

Hello all, new guy here from Ontario. Not much long range hunting to be done here. I am here to learn. I have friends out West and we plan to do some backpack hunting out there. In the meantime I need to work on my abilities and acquire/build the appropriate mountain rifle. Currently shooting a .243 for yotes and deer. Best shot I've made is an inch and a half group at 240yds (tricked out 308 from a bench) So I've got work to do. Reading some posts recently I think this is the place to do it.

Hello all, new guy here from Ontario. Not much long range hunting to be done here. I am here to learn. I have friends out West and we plan to do some backpack hunting out there. In the meantime I need to work on my abilities and acquire/build the appropriate mountain rifle. Currently shooting a .243 for yotes and deer. Best shot I've made is an inch and a half group at 240yds (tricked out 308 from a bench) So I've got work to do. Reading some posts recently I think this is the place to do it.
Welcome from Tennessee

Welcome from across the border, good weather eh?
Haha, yeah I don't remember the winters being this mild as a kid EH. Although I am in Southern Ontario almost in line with Detroit.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and expertise around here.

I agree theres lots of expertise here I think back to marksmanship training and some of the advice is repeated here but the depth of knowledge and science available here is awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.