Here we go...

Aloha from Hawaii, been bowhunting forever and I've always wanted to get into long range shooting/hunting and I finally decided to give it a try. Bought a few guns over the years and hunted with them here and there. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Aloha from the Big Sky Country of Montana. Welcome to LRH and enjoy it. We have a lot of good folks here that are always willing and able to lend a helping hand. Provide more detail; be more specific of what you are asking and post it on the right forum, i.e., reloading, and go from there.

We did a family vacation in Maui in 2019 and had a wonderful time. Closer to you is a dear friend/Brother, @B-LOT Banga. He is a outstanding member here and as good as they come. He would be an excellent source in bowhunting and your introduction/quest in LHR/S.

Aloha

Ed

Aloha from the Big Sky Country of Montana. Welcome to LRH and enjoy it. We have a lot of good folks here that are always willing and able to lend a helping hand. Provide more detail; be more specific of what you are asking and post it on the right forum, i.e., reloading, and go from there.

We did a family vacation in Maui in 2019 and had a wonderful time. Closer to you is a dear friend/Brother, @B-LOT Banga. He is a outstanding member here and as good as they come. He would be an excellent source in bowhunting and your introduction/quest in LHR/S.

Aloha

Ed
Thanks for the info Ed. I appreciate it. Still deciding on what caliber I'd want to go with, Been researching a bunch. Brain is a little overwhelmed. Lol. Unfortunately ammo is really hard to get here. Little to no factory loads and no powders or primers.

Thanks for the info Ed. I appreciate it. Still deciding on what caliber I'd want to go with, Been researching a bunch. Brain is a little overwhelmed. Lol. Unfortunately ammo is really hard to get here. Little to no factory loads and no powders or primers.
Unfortunately, the shortage of factory load and reloading components is ongoing. Do not beat yourself on what caliber/chambering to build or buy, as this will not be your last. BTW, welcome also to the addiction. 😇 You can narrow your choices by starting with your goal, i.e., hunting elk at 1000Y. Your personal preference and budget will also play a significant role in what you will end up building/buying for your specific purpose. As previously noted, be detailed in your post on the proper forum and prepared to be overwhelmed with all the help coming your way.

Consider searching this site too. There is plenty of valuable information that was previously discussed and might help you in your decision-making process.

Aloha!
Ed