Help with booking a PDog hunt

Discussion in 'Prairie Dogs and Coyotes' started by rowen99, Apr 27, 2015.

1. rowen99

rowen99 Well-Known Member

So looking to go run some prairie dogs - anyone have any decent areas and/or guides that is fairly close to Illinois? Really don't need a guide - more so - just point me in the direction and want to shoot them out to 1200 yds or so. Love any help/feedback. Not looking to spend a fortune.

srb

2. Garry J

Garry J Active Member

I have shot at Lamar Colorado several times, great shooting. Shot over 2000 rd in two days. Just go to the local gas station with a coffee bar and ask the locals where you can shoot. You will have more names than you can call and most likely one of them will get you set up. I have been told South of Dodge City Kansas is good shooting also by guys I talk to on Ham Radio. Two of the guys I shot with live around Peoria, IL.

Attached Files:

• ki.JPG
      ki.JPG
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
    • Lamar.jpg
      Lamar.jpg
      File size:
      179.8 KB
      Views:
  3. woodnut

woodnut Well-Known Member

I've been going to South Dakota for about ten years now. Lots of shooting. First couple time I went solo, no guide. Winner S.D. is a good central spot to get a motel room and go to the local coffee/ breakfast shop to extract info on where to hunt. Expect to pay a fee to the landowner. Check state laws as I "think" you may be able to hunt along some roads and may get around the fee. I did see a couple guys doing that years ago so that's why I offer it. There are good outfitters too, if you decide that route .