Help to Italian Hunter

lamc1968

My name is Antonio and I write from Sassari - Sardinia - Italy, I thank all those who with their valuable advice will help me solve my doubt. In this new hunting season for the first time in Sardinia we will be able to use rifles for hunting rifled. I requested information from gunsmiths, hunters and Italian forums but have not had any response. Because you Americans are famous for hunters hunting varmint hunting and long distance I appeal to you:

1) I bought a rifle Baikal IZH-18MH .223 Remington single shot rifle, a weapon that I used to hunt rabbits, foxes, crows. The help I need is your advice on a lens that will let me hunt prey at distances up to 500 meters. Riflescope I can spend up to 400 / 500 dollars. I need the best compromise between cost and quality (clarity, brightness) saw the shooting distances and the small size of the rabbit for example. Keep in mind factors of magnification and appropriate reticle for this type of hunting.

2) I bought a rifle Baikal IZH-18MH 30-06 springfield single shot rifle, a weapon that I used to hunt wild boar. The advice I need is your view on a perspective that will enable me to hunt at distances up to 500 meters. Riflescope I can spend up to 200 / 300 dollars. I need the best compromise between cost and quality (image clarity and brightness) saw the shooting distances. Keep in mind factors of magnification and appropriate reticle for this type of hunting.

Have any of you used the Baikal IZH-18MH for hunting? if you can find out your judgments?

I thank all those who by their experience in hunting varmint will give me a satisfactory answer to my questions. Greetings

Antonio,

Si deve scusarme perche li mio Italiano no e' molto bene, non ho in scrivito in Italiano da un bel po di tempo. Ma forse Io posso dar si una risposta alla sua domanda.

Quello che ho sentito del fucile Baikal IZH-18MH e che E una bel arme. Ci sono molto persone che hanno usato queste fucile qui. Ma, non lo so una persona qui a LongrangeHunting.com che ha usato un Baikal IZH-18MH.

E' gusto per caccia al distanze che le ha detto. Io no ho usato queste fucile ma credo che possono, in queste cartuche, essere usato esattamente como le ha detto. Solo che il fucile e' accurato. Queste depende sulle arme e Lei.

Ma un ottica per la .223 (recordarsi che sono Americano e che e' la mia opinone)

512677.jpg

Quest e un Leupold VX-II Target Rifle Scope 6-18x 40mm Adjustable Objective Fine Duplex Reticle Matte.

Il prezzo e circa $549.00 piu spedizione, si depende dove si compra questa ottica.

Io ho due altre Leupold Ottica, ma sono piu caro. Per il prezzo del quest ottica e' molta buona.

Per il .30-06

226413.jpg

Quest ottica e il Nikon Buckmasters Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm Side Focus Nikoplex Reticle Matte. Il prezzo e' circa $299.00 piu spedizione, e si depende dove si compra questa ottica. Io ho una di qeste e' molto buono per il prezzo. Ho usato quest ottica di prendere una cervo a 450 metre.

Tutte due di queste ottica ha un tube principale di un pollice.

Spero che Io statto di un assistenza per Lei. Si deve cercare se Lei possa comprare queste Ottica qui nel USA. Io so che sonno legge regarde importazione de ottica dallo USA.

No ho molto conoscenza dell ottica di Europa, ma credo che queste sarebbe buena per la sua uso.

Dan Norman
Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA

Not sure what Dano said, but looks like good advice!:D I have used the Nikon 4.5-14 and the Nikon 6-18 with a target dot. For rabbits at long range, I would suggest the 6-18x40 just because it has a little more power. I was able to see ground hogs at 1000yds fairly easy with this scope. I will suggest the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 also. Currently use one and couldn't be happier.

Tank

Tank,

I happen to speak/write Italian, I figured I'd be able to help out Antonio. He's a pretty interesting guy. He said that they are able to use centerfire rifles for the first time in Italy this year for hunting so he's in new territory.

Dan

Tank,

I happen to speak/write Italian, I figured I'd be able to help out Antonio. He's a pretty interesting guy. He said that they are able to use centerfire rifles for the first time in Italy this year for hunting so he's in new territory.

Dan

Figured as much. Nice to see a little diversity in education around here. Keep up good work. It's nice to see a nation take on hunting and allowing its people to use firearms also.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.