help choosing camera

cody finch

Going to Denali for 30th anniversary; need help to choose camera that will take good quality pictures from Panorama to wildlife. Know practically nothing about what would be the best kind without breaking the bank. Information overload on the internet.
not technically inclined. looked at Canon t3i then saw point and shoot that go too 42x. really don't know what is best or good enough.
Thanks,
Cody

If you are fairly new to digital cameras, don't get a DSLR (T3i, etc). THey do take a little getting used to. And, you might want enough lenses to cover a wide range of zoom that would break the bank, and take up all your luggage space. I'd go for a super zoom type.
Panorama's can be made from a series of photos from ANY digital camera on photoshop, etc (see below)

taken with Canon 60d (DSLR) and 18-135 zoom lens on probably 20mm.

THis was taken with a 150-500 Sigma lens I'm borrowing from a friend:

Overall my picture quality is likely better than if I had a super zoom, but for travel they cannot be beat! I did have a zoom (20x) a few years ago and sold it for my 60d. I like taking pictures & wanted the nicer quality; however I do salivate over many lenses now that I cannot afford. I'm lucky that I work with a couple other folks - one has a new purchase of a Sigma 150-500 lens; another is soon getting a 70-200 2.8 Sigma (another really nice lens). I'll probably borrow both a couple times & eventually get one of them for myself. They both run $900 +/-.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.