Help choosing a do-all scope

My Vortex scopes have locking rings you need to pull up to make adjustments. A little big but my other favorite is Nightforce. Don't know if they lock though. The one I have don't.

I shoot a VX5 HD with the ZL. Mine is the 3-15x44 with the windlplex reticle. Most of my shooting has been inside 800 yards but the elevation tracking has been spot on, the clicks are positive and it has always returned to zero. I am in my second season with it and zero complaints.

I wish they would put a scaled down zero lock feature on their vx3 line for some of my lightweight rigs.

At $599.95 the 4-16HS Viper sounds like a good fit for you. I've had two Viper scopes and liked them. The 4 inches of eye relief should work for you, and it''s a 30mm tube. The big win with Vortex though is their No Fault Warranty.

At $599.95 the 4-16HS Viper sounds like a good fit for you. I've had two Viper scopes and liked them. The 4 inches of eye relief should work for you, and it''s a 30mm tube. The big win with Vortex though is their No Fault Warranty.
I have the 2-10x44 viper hs, and it is tough as hell, but it lacks in glass quality.

The only viper I have had was the 6-20 and it was a total ***. I do have some razor binos that I love. If I go vortex, it will be the razor lh.

The Razor HD LH 3-15x42 would make for a nice compact lightweight setup and their optics are pretty darn good. I have a couple of these on varmint guns and I'm no Vortex fan, but I've been pleasantly surprised with these HD LH models. The 3-15x42 is the only HD LH model that has side focus so that'd be the model to get IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.