hello new to the site and long range

hello glad to be here. i decided to do a "budget" rifle for varmints but went a little overboard. now ive gotten the long range flu and my "budget" rifle which i found too heavy for run and gun style shooting is great for long range.

Welcome to LRH forum Junglerooster.gun) Tell us about your budget bulid. Always looking for new ideas.

Don Dunlap

Well it started as a budget. You know how budgets work, never under and always over lol.
I read countless threads on LR calibers and settled on the 6.5 creedmoor. I took a Howa barreled action with a heavy barrel and dropped it into a MDT HS3 chassis w V3 rear stock and Timney Trigger topped off with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 scope. Weight became a factor as the barrel was heavier than I thought, the rear V3 is a milled aluminum piece. I haven't weighed it but it's 12-14 lbs.
I set the trigger @ 1.5 lbs which after being used to hunting rifles took some getting used to. The gun shoots 5 shot groups that can be completely covered with a dime at 100 yards.
I reload 140 accubonds with 31.5 grains 8208 it seems to be this rifles favorite

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.