hello from the wet side of washington

tlbrooks

Hello to all, newbie to this forum but not to long range shooting. I've been shooting informal 600 yard matches for 3 years and lots of long range ground squirrel and rock chuck shooting for 20+ years. Currently building a .260 Rem. on a 700 action trued and blue printed. Shilen SS select match 1-8" twist, #4 profile barrel and a Jewell trigger. I'm putting a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 30mm LR scope on it. Haven't really picked a stock yet but I have a few months before everything is ready. Besides, I can use the factory wood stock until I make a decision. Planning on using it for 600 to 700 yard deer and antelope plus long range coyotes and 600 yard paper matches. Other rifles include a couple CZ's in .204, a 700 BDL in .243, a model 70 Featherweight in 7mm-08 and a model 70 Black Shadow in 300 WSM.

Nice forum, Lots of info and suggestions. Looking forward to joining in the discussions.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.