Hello, from the dry side of Oregon

BurnsScout

Well I gues it is time for a intro. I am born and raised in oregon's high desert country, in the SE area of the state. I guess it would be fair to say I have always been into long range hunting/shooting, mostly out of necessity. Around these parts anything 250 and under is considered a gimme.

Have tons of game here locally, muleys, prongs, black bear, cougs, rocky elk, mtn goats, rocky big horns, Cali bighorns, some whitetail, bobs, yotes, rock chucks, jack rabbits, and in the Spring, more sage rats than you could ever kill. That is just here on the East side of the state, on the west side there is also blacktail deer, Roosevelts elk, and columbia whitetail.

Anyways, I have been a gun nut my whole life, and have been hunting since I can remember. Been lucky enogh to kill most of the above listed, still need a cali ram, BT deer, and Roosey elk, and mtn. goat. Doubt I will ever even try for a Columbia WT, about impossible to get the tag.

I am glad to be a member of this site. Combines my two favorite things. As far as guns go I like the old standbys, 300win Sendero trued and bedded with a vx III m1 is my go to for hunting. Have a 723 yd kill on an elk ( farthest on big game) and haven;t really had the deire to spend anymore money on a rifle. I guess you would say I am a "meat and potatoes, don't fixed it if it aint broke" kinda guy. Other faves are .223, 25-06, 284 win, and .308. Not the sexiest of gun, but do good by me.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro, and thanks for having me aboard, BurnsScoutgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.