Hello from Texas

Texastraveler

I'm sure I'm not the first Texan you've seen. There are a few of us hereabouts. Long ones, short ones, tall ones skinny ones, Texans with boots and spurs, Texans with halter tops and daisy dukes. Me? I'm an old spoiled brat, mama's favorite and everything I ever got my brother worked for it. Cept me and him don't talk no more cause he's the scrooge millionaire and I'm the blue collar tequila drinking hard nosed son of the best mother in Texas. Ok, maybe I'm bragging. I'm actually not a hunter. Sure, dad tried to instill the taste of the wildlife in me but I'm telling you now, when the SHTF me and the wife expect to survive until the beanie weenies run out or the flash light dies first. I got to runnin' with a few fellows back in '01 when Bin Laden dropped the towers and at that time did decide to start buying a gun or two. And today let's just say multiply that by 20 and I got that many guns. But who's counting? Yes I do hunt some. Dove and Quail, but not since 2018 when I stepped into the rabbit hole trying to walk around the rattlesnake. True story. Fortunately my body fell north and the snake was south. My buddy came up, saw the sit and blew the snake in half then transported me to the ER. Three years later rheumatism, arthritis, torn ligaments and quad damage have put me into a wheel chair on bad days, a walker on good days and 2 canes when I'm going out to Dairy Queen. I spent 45 years in radio broadcasting, no stations you ever heard of, then spent another 30 years doing private parties for some people you might have heard of. How else was I to afford all these guns and the motorcycle TRIKES that yes, even as crippled as I am, I can ride comfortably. Okay, well that's my story. I'm hear for fun and information and I have a rifle I want to offer ya'll but the rules say you got to get to know me first and I'm up for that. The Sheriff knows me, the tax collector knows me and my new wife of six months is getting to know me. Ya'll may as well, too. I'm 65.

I'm sure I'm not the first Texan you've seen. There are a few of us hereabouts. Long ones, short ones, tall ones skinny ones, Texans with boots and spurs, Texans with halter tops and daisy dukes. Me? I'm an old spoiled brat, mama's favorite and everything I ever got my brother worked for it. Cept me and him don't talk no more cause he's the scrooge millionaire and I'm the blue collar tequila drinking hard nosed son of the best mother in Texas. Ok, maybe I'm bragging. I'm actually not a hunter. Sure, dad tried to instill the taste of the wildlife in me but I'm telling you now, when the SHTF me and the wife expect to survive until the beanie weenies run out or the flash light dies first. I got to runnin' with a few fellows back in '01 when Bin Laden dropped the towers and at that time did decide to start buying a gun or two. And today let's just say multiply that by 20 and I got that many guns. But who's counting? Yes I do hunt some. Dove and Quail, but not since 2018 when I stepped into the rabbit hole trying to walk around the rattlesnake. True story. Fortunately my body fell north and the snake was south. My buddy came up, saw the sit and blew the snake in half then transported me to the ER. Three years later rheumatism, arthritis, torn ligaments and quad damage have put me into a wheel chair on bad days, a walker on good days and 2 canes when I'm going out to Dairy Queen. I spent 45 years in radio broadcasting, no stations you ever heard of, then spent another 30 years doing private parties for some people you might have heard of. How else was I to afford all these guns and the motorcycle TRIKES that yes, even as crippled as I am, I can ride comfortably. Okay, well that's my story. I'm hear for fun and information and I have a rifle I want to offer ya'll but the rules say you got to get to know me first and I'm up for that. The Sheriff knows me, the tax collector knows me and my new wife of six months is getting to know me. Ya'll may as well, too. I'm 65.
Welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy your season afield ! With all the rains we've had in western Oklahoma our antlers should be in great form .