Hello from SW Colorado

rockies3529

Glad to be a new member. I have a problem that maybe you all can help solve. I've been trying to find a soft case for my rifle and scope combination, have been unable to find one that fits. I have a Savage model 12FV Varmint rifle with a 26 inch bbl, in 223, with a Leupold VX3 Long Range , 6.5-20 X 50mm objective lens.
I decided to get a soft case, had borrowed a friends older Cabela's soft case, 54 inch, in camo, and it fit my rifle just fine. Couldn't find a Model number on his case. I ordered a Cabela's Zonz Deluxe rifle case, advertised at being 10 inches high, and 48 inches long. When I received it, the "10 inches high" is only 9 inches in from the butt end of the case, and the case drops quickly from that point to the muzzle. The high point on my rifle ( the turret) is 19 inches in from the butt of my rifle. The design of Cabela's soft case absolutely stinks, and Cabela's has no cases listed with a 54 inch length with a 10 inch or longer width. The contour of the area for a scope, well, there is none. The 48 inches long is a snug fit, but my scope doesn't. Do any of you have a recommendation? At a reasonable cost? Thanks a bunch. rockies3529, avid prairie dog exterminator.

Welcome to LRH rockies, Barrelnut is spot on with that drag bag. I use it for my 30"F/TR rifle with a br N.F. scope. Sometimes I may have 2 rifles in it, it handles them well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.