Hello from Southern Nevada

Hello...I enjoy hunting and long-range shooting. This forum has really helped me with ballistics, my load-development, shooting techniques, and rifle-build products. I am looking forward to learning more.

I shoot a 300 Win Mag, and I am waiting for my first 6.5-284 custom build. So no more lurking the forum--I am all in. Thanks for having me! I can easily say that I do not know much. I am always trying to learn more, so I will mostly be asking questions to tap your knowledge.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome Bill.

Always enjoyed visiting my buddy in Reno area... Jeeping and long-range shooting out in the foot hills. Tell us more about your 300 and custom build.

ATB,
Bill in Texas

Thanks it's good to be here. I'm looking forward to learning and adding to those things I think I already might know.

My 300 win was the start of it all for me. It was a factory Browning A-Bolt. It kicked like mule! I talked to a smith in southern Utah about a muzzle brake I ended up with a #5 match barrel thicker recoil lug and a brake with the action blueprinted and everything true. Even in the cheap factory Browning stock pillared and bedded by the Smith. This rifle went from kicking like mule to feeling like I could all day long. Along with that it was the most accurate high powered rifle I had ever shot. I was hooked!

Now I'm waiting on my first custom build not complete, he is blueprinting a Remington 700 action. In a McMillan htg stock Kreiger barrel apa little bastard brake, in a 6.5 - 284 Norma.

Thanks
Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.