Hello from Ohio

tinman13kup

Hey all, I'm Tom in central Ohio. I came across this site while looking for some load data for a new toy and it looks like a cool place with plenty of info. I'm a self employed construction worker in my mid 40's, hobbies include stamps, trains, and firearms. Some might think working on my truck, but that's more like a chore. I live in the country on 20acres, mostly wooded in rolling hills. I've got a 100yd range and have been working on extending it out to 180yds for some longer range shooting. My wife is very supportive of my gun addiction, insisting I buy my latest (110-ba) even though I thought it was a bit pricey. Diversifying is what she calls it:) None the less, it's another caliber, more dies, more components..... I never thought I would buy a gun where they sell ammo by the round:rolleyes: I've got several rifles for different occasions, but my go-to tack driver is a Rem700 30-06 with 130grHPs. I figured if I couldn't get long distance, then make the target smaller. My best is hitting quarters at 89yds, not face shots, but sideways. I went through several dollars before I was able to find one. I stuck it in a crack in a log, and while the top half is gone, the bottom half got driven halfway down the log. Oddly enough I also found the bullet. I normally shoot at mild steel gongs (8") and some 4x4 plates with the handguns, but they've taken a beating the last time out and I broke half of them. Seems they didn't like the 350gr bullets from the 500S&W at 30yds. Well, it's off to work for me. With any luck, I'll be bringing the Savage home with me.

Thanks! I've got a whole lot of posts and threads to read and see what others are doing, maybe someone can "learn me" something. Most of my shooting has just been that, going out shooting with my brother. I'm looking at getting a bit more serious now, dealing with external ballistics and the like.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.