Hello from North Dakota

blk3car

I'm about a yearling in long range target shooting with a .308. I built my own shooting range on the farm with 100,200,300,500,700 and 1000 yard target and benches. I'm learning the hard and expensive way. Any help with hitting that 1000 yard target would be appreciated.
blk3car

No wind? In North Dakota? I'm afraid you'll be able to shoot your gun 3 days this year!!:D:D

Welcome to the forum. Where you located in the state?

Bismarck, but my range is west of Mandan. It's nice being able to to shoot without a lot of people but it would be nice to have a mentor to tell me what I am doing right or wrong. I use Berger 175 grain vlds and 168 grain hybrid. I can hit 700 yards without a problem but 1000 has only happened a couple of times. And yes the wind is seldom not blowing at least 5 mph. My gun is a Remington 700 VTR.

There are many respectable shooters on this forum. From Dickinson to Fargo, there are tons of people that love to shoot and are extremely knowledgeable. There is a North Dakota a thread. Check it out and see who's closest and see if you can't shoot/hunt together. I hunt with Riley and he lives in Dickinson, I live in rural West Fargo.

Again....welcome!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.