Hello from downunder

sako5

Gudday

Ive been browsing this site from here in new zealand for a while.Ive been hunting for a while with limited sucess .That is until i started to get into some longer range hunting.I shoot a sako 300wsm with a leupold vx111 4.5x14 on it.I use 150gn nosler ballistic tips.Im very new at long range stuff but im enjoying getting results.My longest kill so far has been 568yds and i hope to get a 7mm 404 in the new year and push myself further.
PA180127.jpg

The hunting here has been great coming into summer now.Ive accounted for 15 deer over the last two months(sika and red)
PC070093.jpg

PC060030.jpg

PC100117.jpg

On a recent trip we were watching this sika hind and her yearling feeding 600yds away.
My mate took this pic using an olympus camera through a leupold scope!
pc060020.jpg

PC070107.jpg

Anyway i hope to learn more here and look forward to hearing from a few of you blokes.Cheers

Very cool and welcome to the site. How about some information about the rifles/scopes in the bottom photo? Also how many deer can you shoot a year there? Are you taking these on public land or are you having to pay to play?

Nice pics and welcome to LRH.

I do have to ask one ? though. Is it common to hunt in shorts over there??? Not poking fun, just curious.

Sako5,
Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy it. A lot of good people here. Glad to have you in the group.

Nice pics and results.

[ QUOTE ]
I do have to ask one ? though. Is it common to hunt in shorts over there??? Not poking fun, just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure its common but you gotta be tough. Check the pic w/Sako and his mate. Check out his right calf. Those are snake bites! His hunting buddy is wearing snake bite boots. Ya just don't mess with the boys down under! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very cool and welcome to the site. How about some information about the rifles/scopes in the bottom photo? Also how many deer can you shoot a year there? Are you taking these on public land or are you having to pay to play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.The rifles are a sako 300 wsm(mine) remington titanium 7mmremmag and a tikka t3 7mmo8.All of them have vx111 4.5 x 14 power scopes on them.
There is no limit to the number of deer you can shoot here.I dont pay to hunt usually.95% of my hunting is on the public estate.We dont have seasons you can whack em year round

Thanks for the welcome guys.Yeah i get stick from my mates too about the shorts but i hunt in em year round.Unless its the middle of winter and really cold and snowing.But otherwise yep shorts.
We wear dive booties hunting too cos you can sneak right in on the deer undetected if you want.

sako5, no limit eh? Sounds like my kind of place. Keep those photos coming, I really enjoy them. I'm pretty sure a few others at this site like them as well.

Oh no not a Kiwi. Your not from downunder everyone knows Australia is Downunder i moght have to get copywrite these Kiwis envade us now they use our sayings.

Oh well welcome abord

Cheers Bill
Australia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.