Hearing Protection What do you use?

blipelt

I am in the market for some noise canceling earplugs(not earmuffs). Ex. Walkers, Sportear. I am after them for hunting, I won't have earplugs in when hunting. Earplugs tend to cause people to talk louder when they have them in.
Does anybody has any experience they can give me on which ones are better than others. I have looked at a few and they cancel out around 29dec. I felt a little better going this route than putting suppressors on my rifles.

Brent

At the range I tend to use the sponge plugs along with the electronic muffs due to so much noise.

As for hunting, I use t he generic brand that Cabela's sells which have different packaging but appear to be walkers in every other way.

The fellow at Cabela's may be mistaken, however he told me that the generic type worked identically as far as performance and that as far as he knew, walker produced them. I used them on one 2 week hunt and they are very effective.

I'd like to read more comments on this myself. I also am interested in plug type
protection that will also enhance hearing. My ears are not so good anymore,
sometimes have trouble hearing whispering but dont like the idea of muffs while hunting. Hope someone has experience with something that works.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts