Hazards of hunters

Bob Wright

From the many photos and animal mounts of the famed Foster's Bighorn bar in Rio Vista, CA.
My brother lived in the area and among 300 animal mounts from around the world from around 1920 and on, was this one picture that I'll never forget.
If your in the area, stop by for a beer and lunch and enjoy the display. Amazing place.
Moose, man and a rusty rifle....

Attachments

• 168s.jpg
    168s.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 87
How many other stories like that go on without ever being told or known about. Tragic for those involved but good reading and life lessons for the living. The close calls one has had out in nature and thinking about the what ifs on the way home. I should write a book. Thanks for sharing👍

I have oten wondered if I will not make it back from one of my adventures....
Last year 3 days after good snow..hiking in a long sloped draw...found really big 'bear tracks'....I think were to big for black bear.....evertime snow fell from tree limbs I thought that bear was coming at me....
'Kinda on edge'......

Last edited:
Those 'bears' on two legs are really something else!

I know a young man who shot his first moose last year. Let's call him Reno.

Reno went out hunting with a buddy. They found a bull, and Reno was able to get a shot off before the moose ran off.

The two friends went after the moose on foot. I'm unclear on the strategy, but when his buddy found the moose, the animal had a broken leg and must have been a bit agitated because it charged!

Unprepared for a confrontation, buddy beat a hasty retreat, but tripped and fell...

The angry bull was on top of him in seconds!

Luckily, Reno was able to finish the job and buddy walked away with a few stitches and quite a story...

We like to think humans are the top of the food chain, but even a wounded deer can mess a person up if they are not careful.

Be aware my friends, and be humble.