Hawkins Hunter DBM Spacer Kits

Kmccord

I am looking to build a 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC in a Terminus Zeus quick change barrel, to run the 6.5, Hawkins makes a Hunter DBM Spacer Kits to run in the LA Hunter mag. I figured if this works as designed, I could have two rifles in one. I wanted to see if anyone has used this spacer kit and did it work as designed?

I've built both 300 and 6.5 prc's on Kelbly Atlas Tactical long actions using Hawkins Hunter bottom metal and mags. The 6.5 prc fed fine out 300 mag without any spacer kit. 6.5 was loaded with 156gr Bergers with an OAL length of 3.1

The spacer kit works very well. We are using them in both magnum and standard bolt face LA Hawkins Hunter mags. Flawlessly running 6.5 PRC and 25 CM in LA flush Hunter mags. Removing the extra space from the mag and shifting the spring forward is a big improvement. This Hawkins setup is really a great option for reliably running SA cartridges in a LA.

The spacer kit works very well. We are using them in both magnum and standard bolt face LA Hawkins Hunter mags. Flawlessly running 6.5 PRC and 25 CM in LA flush Hunter mags. Removing the extra space from the mag and shifting the spring forward is a big improvement. This Hawkins setup is really a great option for reliably running SA cartridges in a LA.
Thank you for the feedback, I have been thinking of doing a 6mm Creedmoor as well in the LA and offer it with a 6.5-284 barrel as a switch barrel as well, go from hunting varmints to switch out for Deer as well or anything that is using a standard bolt face. I will be doing it for the PRC switch barrels.