Hawkins flush chassis magazines

mtnelkhunter

I just picked up one of these:

And it doesn't work well for me - the issue seems to me to be a design flaw. The rear end of the follower (if that's the right term) is wider and when compressed down can shift forward such that when it travels back up it gets hung up on the sides of the box that are narrower at the top middle as they guide the round. The result is that the third round doesn't get pushed up on the rear and won't pick up. Anyone else experience this? Not sure if I should return it or maybe shape/file the follower to see if I can fix it. I like that it's light weight.

I just picked up one of these:

And it doesn't work well for me - the issue seems to me to be a design flaw. The rear end of the follower (if that's the right term) is wider and when compressed down can shift forward such that when it travels back up it gets hung up on the sides of the box that are narrower at the top middle as they guide the round. The result is that the third round doesn't get pushed up on the rear and won't pick up. Anyone else experience this? Not sure if I should return it or maybe shape/file the follower to see if I can fix it. I like that it's light weight.
Contact Hawkins, they can assist and recommend what to do.

Yeah I have an email out to them but haven't heard back yet. I heard a few others have had this issue and have improved it by altering it themselves. Seems silly that it's necessary but probably what I will do.

XLR kindly offered to exchange the magazine but I ended up filing on the follower and that seemed to have solved the issue.