Has anyone painted a KRG X-Ray Chassis?

Loyal2no1

Has anyone painted a KRG X-Ray Stock?

I'm looking to Duracoat a Kinetic Research Group X-Ray chassis and I'm wondering if paint adheres to the polymer very well? If anyone has had any experience at painting a KRG X-Ray stock (Duracoat, Krylon etc) please post your experience in regards to the wear and tear and experience of it in the field.

Cheers!!!

no1, the polymer pistols seem to hold up with Duracoat if professionally applied. The Cerakote is much tougher IMO.

no1, the polymer pistols seem to hold up with Duracoat if professionally applied. The Cerakote is much tougher IMO.

Cerakote was an option but in NZ we have few people who can actually do it and they charge accordingly!... I'm looking to do a Snakeskin (in Multicam colours) pattern - can I mix and mash the palette and would I have to bake the Cerakote in for that?

I've done alot of different polymers with duracoat and never had any problems. What I normally do is lightly sandblast with aluminum oxide, then go over it with a green scotch brite pad to smooth it back down a little, then degrease with some sort of detergent. Blow dry with an air hose and then paint.

As for mixing the colors, you can mix duracoat all you want and cerakote as well but with cerakote you can only mix the same type (air cure and air cure only). You cant mix air cure and oven cure.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.