Harbor Freight sonic cleaner

cornchuck

I clean my brass with the Hornady sonic cleaner for a while now. I think it holds 2 liters of liquid. It's a small ultra sonic cleaner. I want to get a bigger sonic cleaner. And I'm not spending $300-500 on the Hornady or RCBS cleaners. Does anyone use the 6L sonic parts cleaner from Harbor Freight? If so, how hot do you run it and how much time you let a batch run?

Jason

If you're happy with the results from the Hornady, why not mimic the settings on the Harbor Freight? If it has some level of adjustment (sorry, I'm not familiar with it, but I use the Hornady), just bring it to the same temp as the Hornady and run it for the same amount of time. Results should be the same.

If you're happy with the results from the Hornady, why not mimic the settings on the Harbor Freight? If it has some level of adjustment (sorry, I'm not familiar with it, but I use the Hornady), just bring it to the same temp as the Hornady and run it for the same amount of time. Results should be the same.
The one I have just has a time setting. I could start a cycle and see what the temperature of the liquid.

Jason

I dont have the 6L but I do have the smaller one. I've had it about7 yrs and it still works fine. Not an industrial grade and will thermally shut down if I try to run too many cycles. I have an industrial grade 4L that works great for larger batches. I seldom use them of late as I wet tumble mainly. The industrial unit took the finish off a cheap federal ordnance 1911 (cheesy gun anyway). It has never harmed anything else.