Happy Father's Day to all !

Much respect for those doing it daily. Those battling family court to insist on their right to be a parent. Those "stepping" in out of love not biology.

Truly undervalued in our culture. Not a lot of praise out there for doing right, so enjoy whatever comes your way.

Went fishing with my 2 granddaughters and son fishing for bluegills. Never brought s rod. Just helped the 6 and 4 girls take fish off, cast for them, take fish off, bait hooks, take fish off, tie new hooks, take fish off. BTW, did I mention "take fish off"! Loved every second!

Went fishing with my 2 granddaughters and son fishing for bluegills. Never brought s rod. Just helped the 6 and 4 girls take fish off, cast for them, take fish off, bait hooks, take fish off, tie new hooks, take fish off. BTW, did I mention "take fish off"! Loved every second!
Sounds like y'all have a good fishing hole. Fried fish for dinner ?;)

Long time ago, after getting separated from the ex, I wasn't allowed to take my twins anywhere at first. They were 5 and so wanted to learn about fishing like their older sister. I found an 18-20" deep, 9 foot diameter, wading pool. I knew a farmer who had several ponds who raised fish for locals ponds and lakes. I explained my situation, he came and looked, then brought me 18 nice sized bluegills. I added a submersible pond pump to keep the water aerated. He also brought a dozen big crawdads to keep it clean. I can still remember the day, taking them to the backyard, handing each a pole, which did give them cause to question my sanity...until that first bobber disappeared...what a day. Couple years ago, I was asked to make them something for Christmas. I crafted "Keepsake boxes" with hidden locks to open them. Locks are made as part of the box and have to be manipulated to open. Inside, on the lids, I varnished in pictures from that day. That's my neighbors boat in the background. They never forget the first time fishing.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    606.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    715.4 KB · Views: 65
For many years I worked midnight shift. From Sunday evening at 11pm to Friday morning at 7 am, I was bound to my work. But Saturday morning my youngest daughter and I would go by the local bait shop and grab a couple of dozen minnows and drown them for a few hours.

Her children are grown now. She's been a school teacher for about 15 years. But she still remembers those fishing days. And she still loves those memories.

After church Sunday she and her family had us over for a pretty big lunch and family get together.