Happy Birthday US Navy!

Muddyboots

"On October 13, 1775, the U.S. Navy was born when the Continental Congress authorized the arming of two sailing vessels with 80 men and 10 carriage guns in order to intercept British supply and munitions transports. The Declaration of Independence came nine months later, followed by the creation of the Department of the Navy in 1798."

I can't imagine the world of hurt we be in without them!

I use to ice fish a lot in Whitehall, NY one of recognized birth places of the US Navy.

USS OZARK MCS-2........ '65-'69
Bill
Thanks for your service!!!!
It takes a special person to be on a ship for long periods of time and it is tough Service. Got to hand it to the NAVY, they are the Base of all operations and believe me it is not easy living on a ship or Sub. Can't win a War without them!!!! We have the BEST NAVY and Personnel in the World!
Marines are a Branch of the Navy. I was on at least a dozen ships (Carriers & Transports) being transported around the world while in the Corps. All the Berthing areas sucked for Marines. The only decent ship I was on was the USS Mount Whitney - Command (Cadillac) of the Atlantic Fleet.
Len