Hanging Steel Targets

I was hoping the fact that a bullet couldn't get a square lick would help somewhat.
I've got some hard surfacing wire for a mig, but that would be a chore.
The splatter from this stuff will last multiple harvest seasons in a hybrid rice combine.
It is for real.

I was hoping the fact that a bullet couldn't get a square lick would help somewhat.
I've got some hard surfacing wire for a mig, but that would be a chore.
The splatter from this stuff will last multiple harvest seasons in a hybrid rice combine.
It is for real.
Yeah, bet it would help, time consuming though.
I threw the towel on chains yrs ago, replacing chain was no insurmountable problem, but timing of breakage was. At least with belting, periodic inspections can result in preventative maintenance.

I did make a 22LR target, set of plate for a game called long gong, out of cheap chain last fall. Supposedly shot at 300 yards. I'd set it at 250 for my wife and her Kidd rifle, she chewed chain up fast, lol

As others have stated, go ask your local FD for some of their old hoses. Luckily my neighbor is the chief of the FD for the little community I live in. A fellow shooter/hunter up the road is the chief for a the next city over.

Weld a hanger on the rear of target and I bend some 1/2 rebar like a long S.

Pretty much like a brake caliber hanger.

I had a long ram target for fun, and plasma cutted holes, and use the rebar for hanging. I think welding the bracket on the back is cleaner.

ive never cracked 1/2 inch 60 grade rebar…matter of fact, rebar bends…
Best thing is, it's like $4 to replace..

Recent Posts