Hammer bullet hunting results?

Rich Coyle

Anyone using Hammer Bullets have hunting success? What were your results? Game? Penetration? Recovered bullets?

I killed two deer with their Blackout 101 grainer. Both retained about 65 - 66% of their weight. But I ran them in a .308 about 800 feet per second faster than they were designed for.

Good to know. I have not run them yet as I went deep in cutting edge when I got a good load. Then as I thought of what that bullet could do Steve and I talked about and came up with the parameters for that 101. As soon as I'm out I will be using them in my blk.

I do. Just got back from our elk trip with no results. Tough year for elk as no snow yet. Will get back out after Thanksgiving and hopefully get the elk taken care of. Could be one of those years.

As soon as I get a chance I will post up customer emails and pics to this thread.

Steve

I used a 143gr Hammer out of a 7mm last month with outstanding results. The bull I shot was dead before he hit the ground. He didn't take 1 step out of his bed. I will post a full range report later and have numerous pics to go along with it

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 251
following this thread closely. Only hunt thin skinned game here in texas, whitetail and exotics. i'm always interested in new stuff.

so these bullets are solid copper, each hand made on a lathe? are they accurate?

Accurate? Without question. My best group was 3" at 750yds after the above bull was taken care of and we had some extra time during the week to stretch out the legs on my setup.

Not sure exactly how they are made, and yes..I believe they are solid copper. (Don't quote me on that, I'm only a consumer :rolleyes: gun))

Here is my daughters last day of the season table trophy. We rattled in this little guy yesterday with just enough time for my daughter to hit the road and head back to college.

Shot was about 75-100 yards quartering hard to. Impact at point of shoulder just inside the big shoulder bone and exit was in the off side flank. Deer went about 50 yards. She shoots 7-08 with 131g Hammer Hunter.

Kels deer 3.jpeg
She was just glad she did not get skunked. And rattling them in is fun.

Kels deer 2.jpeg

Entrance hole looking in before removing guts.

Kels deer 1.jpeg
Onside lung destroyed. Found pieces throughout the chest cavity.

Steve

Congrats to your daughter on the "trophy". It's about as big as my monster. By the way your post shows you posted it in the future. What time did you actually post?

Great results. As soon as my LA 284 comes back I'll work up some more with 155's. Hope it can be solid load at least to 600 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.