had to pass on smoking a pack...

shawn338lapua

i am just venting right now. My hunting buddy and i had to pass on a pack of coyotes because Saltlake county decided to designate a patch of prime hunting land as "Rec. Area". we saw 5 individuals at about 350 yards. about 20 mins later we saw 5 more(maybe the same 5) at about the same distance. Then 10 mins after that we saw 2 more come up the canyon we were hiking.

i am new to coyote hunting, only one dog under my belt, this was the first time i had seen so many yotes and we couldn't even get a shot off!

after doing some reading i did notice that they have a rule of no dogs aloud off leash, so technically if we shoot them we are only helping enforce the rules right? :D

I run into places that have tons of yotes, but have i no access. How I beat them at their own game is to get privileges on the land that joins that property. And then I just set up for a long shot. When the snow flies, establish the yotes routes, then set up accordingly.
Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.