H4831SC powder?

kc

I have gone through all of my books and I need some help.

I have a pound of H4831SC, I would like to use it in my .308 and my .3006 and found no help.
Any help you can give I sure would like it.
thanks guys.

i'd say that's too slow for a 308

most of my friend shooting a 308 are using powder in the burn rate of blc2 varget and rl15

kc, You probably know H4831 and H4831sc is the same powder, and dependent on the age of your books they may not be designated sc. The HODGDON #26 manual on my desk says the 308 Winchester 165 grain bullets, 46-50 grains will yield 2155-2469 fps. The 30-06, 56-61 grains will give you 2381-2770 fps. Give me a bullet weight and I'll get the 7mm mag loads for you. This powder will generally give you better results with heavier bullets , and magnum cases as was mentioned. It has been a common powder for so long it puzzles me a bit why its left out of the manual your using. Its one of the standards, works in most cartridges, but its not always the best powder for specific applications. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts