• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

H4831sc at midway

I went into the LGS yesterday and was able to get 1K #41 primers and a pound of powder. They had a 8# CFE223 on the shelf but I passed because I had one at home and I'm not wanting to add to the problem. Price was 245 which I thought was fair. Primers were a little high but less than half gb prices.

I am still searching for the elusive RL26. I believe it may have gone extinct.
It's still around, but I think Retumbo should be categorized with the dinosaurs.

Midway is definitely taking advantage of its customers.

I find it not so funny that every time I follow to the site for powders,when told about it. There never anything there. I have placed myself on the wish list, and never anything shows up, except for items that are now available. Does anybody feel like we have been on a goose chase?

Found both Retumbo and RL26 for my 6.5 PRC over the past couple of months. Both were local and at normal prices. Just gotta look in unexpected places and be patient.

I guess that they were in line. I'm just an old farther. Just finished up a 500 bulk pack of 22's that was marked $13.87. I still remember the first sleve of primers that I paid 10 bucks for. I thought it was highway robbery.

I guess that they were in line. I'm just an old farther. Just finished up a 500 bulk pack of 22's that was marked $13.87. I still remember the first sleve of primers that I paid 10 bucks for. I thought it was highway robbery.
Yea I remember those days. Today the avarage retail for CCI #41 is $69.95. The reason they are more than other SM rifle primers is that they are made for the mIllarty for semi/auto firearms. They are Match Grade Magnum Primers with the anvil extended so that there is not a chance of a "Slam Fire" in semi/auto weapons. They are actually almost the same as the CCI Match Sm Rifle primers BR4 with modification to the anvil not to "Slam Fire" Midway is asking $94.99 for CCI BR4. "That's CRAZY" Larry is going nuts with his prices. If you are looking for a match grade primer- GO with the CCI#41 for small rifle. If you want the match for Lrg rifle CCI BR2 that $94.99. Buy the CCI #34 it is the same only won't "Slam Fire" Test have been done and these are the same only different marketing lables. All your "Bench Rest" primers are magnum primers, just with higher specifications. You think Uncle Sam would let bullets with inferior primers go into battle.

Yea I remember those days. Today the avarage retail for CCI #41 is $69.95. The reason they are more than other SM rifle primers is that they are made for the mIllarty for semi/auto firearms. They are Match Grade Magnum Primers with the anvil extended so that there is not a chance of a "Slam Fire" in semi/auto weapons. They are actually almost the same as the CCI Match Sm Rifle primers BR4 with modification to the anvil not to "Slam Fire" Midway is asking $94.99 for CCI BR4. "That's CRAZY" Larry is going nuts with his prices. If you are looking for a match grade primer- GO with the CCI#41 for small rifle. If you want the match for Lrg rifle CCI BR2 that $94.99. Buy the CCI #34 it is the same only won't "Slam Fire" Test have been done and these are the same only different marketing lables. All your "Bench Rest" primers are magnum primers, just with higher specifications. You think Uncle Sam would let bullets with inferior primers go into battle.
Thanks, I've never had a slam fire in my AR but have been using #41 primers in it for a while. Appreciate the tip. I see Winchester also makes a #41 primers. I'm thinking they are CCI's in Winchester boxes.

Thanks, I've never had a slam fire in my AR but have been using #41 primers in it for a while. Appreciate the tip. I see Winchester also makes a #41 primers. I'm thinking they are CCI's in Winchester boxes.
That's correct. If you load Federal sm rifle primers in your AR you might have a problem. Federal are one of the manufacture with "Light" primers. I use Federal primers in my CCW. Also when I do a trigger job in my pistols for target/comp they are usally light hammer/stricker springs and sometimes won't ignite hard primers. Typically you won't have a "Slam Fire" in an AR with the mag inserted. The bolt slows down stripping the next cartridge out of the mag and the firing pin does't have the inertia to "Slam fire", but why take chances.

Good to see things popping up here and there now, maybe prices will stabilize and trend back to normal also. Larry isn't the CEO at Midway anymore, just chair over the board. Another guy has taken over the helm, not a Potterfield family member, but someone who's come up through sales. Maybe he's trying to grab all the $$ he can, not his family's name on the business to tarnish.

Recent Posts