H-1000 lot variation

does anyone have any new info on H1000 lot variation? this is a 3 year old thread, but i have a keg being shipped and curious if people are still seeing hotter H1000.

btw, this is for an Edge using 300OTMs

I have been using H1000 in my 338 RUM. I recently finished up a lot (purchased last year) and started a new lot that I purchased earlier this year, and there was a 1 grain variation to get my exact speed/pressure to match my old load. And both of these lots burn hotter than anything published... I am reaching max pressure at about 96-97 grains pushing a 225 accubond over 3200 fps. Which is just about the starting point listed in the Nosler manual. My accurate load is 95.0 grains at 3150 fps.

wow, ok. I'm going to be working up a load for my 338edge and I've only used RL33 so far. I'm trying to get an idea for a starting load. I was going to start at 89 and go up from there, but now I'm second guessing that. If you say your rifle's max loads are at book start loads, I might need to start a lot lower. anyone else shooting an edge with a new lot of H1000?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.