Gunwerks Rev-X impressions

AZjake

I received this rifle a few months ago and haven't been able to spend the time I really want to with it yet. That being said, my initial impressions are very good. The rifle is chambered in 28 nosler, shooting the gunwerks ammo (180 hybrids), and topped with a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56. The rifle weighs in right about 10lbs which I feel is about perfect! The rifle is very well balanced. The stock is very ergonomic and comfortable and the trigger tech trigger is very crisp. I haven't measured it but, I would guess it is a touch more than 2lbs from the factory. The bolt cycles well and is smooth. I kind of wish they would give the option of fluting the bolt but that is just a personal preference.
I am by no means a great long range shooter or even a good one but, this rifle can shoot! I made a few quick adjustments to the 200 yard zero and then stretched its legs. After a few adjustments I settled on the Berger 180 hybrid going 3115 and made first round hits at 550, then at 825 and finally at 1000.
All in all I am very happy with the rifle and I'm excited to spend some more time with it. Hopefully it will get to let the air out of a bear and a mule deer in the near future!
IMG_2418_zpsqwoarpxu.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-10%20at%2012.27.56%20PM_zpsitzistak.png

That is a good looking rig right there.

If I could afford one I would but at $5200-7600 that is just not in the cards

I really want to see a sub 1/2" groups at that price. I handled one at Scheels in Northern Colorado and wasn't impressed with the finish on the barrel. You can get a lot of gun for $4k so for myself it needs to be competitive not just in name but finish and performance as well. I think they skipped a lot details to crank this out and hit a larger market that they don't with their higher end line and I feel like it shows when you pick one up. You can get an Accurate Ordnance, CCR, etc. or pretty much anything for that kind of Dough. With the exception of GUnwerks or Red Rock of course. Is there a proof target with this? Even Fierce gives you that and their rifles are $2500 on GunBroker (steel barrel Edge model).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts