Gun Oil (Again):

I've found that nearly any type of lubricant/oil (applied sparingly) will work on most guns. Once you get into belt fed weapons, then we're talking about some serious heat/friction. Your typical pistol, AR, shotgun, or bolt gun won't care much.

Yes, they are the same, I called Hornady about this issue.

I had been using Eezox for many years, it failed horribly in the test....to my shock since I bought it by the quart!
Thanks. I emailed them too. They sold both at the same time with different marketing for a while. Might be worth spraying down my shotgun barrels!

I had no problems when I lived out West, in a Dessert climate with low humidity. Fast Forward to a move back home in the South with high humidity....glory be. I also use the Hornady One shot on the machinery in the garage.

This past deer season I was grouse hunting in the middle of the day with my air rifle, it was pretty humid cold and damp that day. Got back to camp and could see rust starting on my air rifle. I didn't dig for any oil I just dabbed my finger into the cold solid bacon grease in the skillet on the stove and rubbed it on the gun, it was fine till I got home to do a proper cleaning and it smelled YUMMY!!!! I think as long as there is a constant barrier between the oxygen in the air and untreated steel it'll stop rust...

I emailed them too.
From Hornady:
Thanks for the inquiry. Most of the reason it was discontinued was us trying to improve upon the product. The new stuff we currently offer is a better product than the Extreme was. Use it and you'll have the same success you had previously. We appreciate your business.
Thank you​
Hornady Manufacturing | 3625 West Old Potash Hwy Grand Island, NE 68803 | 1-800-338-3220

Recent Posts