Gun metal coating ?

ol mike

What can be used [at home] to treat the metal parts of a rifle that won't shine up after a little use ?

I've used the krylon flat camo paint but in as little as a few months it looks like you painted it w/ gloss paint.

I saw a hunter back during deer season from 500-600 yds away w/a high gloss rifle -it made me laugh it stuck out SO much i couldn't believe it.
He might as well have been going up that draw in an Elvis suit.

I make every attempt to camo me and all my equipment for predator calling.

Thanks for any help--Mike

Use the Duracoat, its not cheap but hard as nails and will not shine up. You can do it in your garage, kits are available with air brush if you dont have one.
You should have the metal parts blasted first to get a good adhesion. Midway sells it, Houts Enterprises also.

Cool stuff

Dave

The best? the cheapest?

Cloth camo tape.

Thanks for the help guys !!!!!!

I do use the camo tape and it is truly cheap and works great although it is too dark in color -so i got a foam paint brush and rubbed on a little khaki and sage wall paint that i watered down.
I'm very happy w/ the look now- it's dead flat and can be changed w/ the seasons w/ the stroke of a brush.I whited out my cz 221 .

Thanks again..Mike

I vote duracoat too, my dad just used it on one of his savage strikers and I plan on using it after seeing the results. If he can do it anyone can...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.