groundhog wall of death

im in medina county, ohio .. most of what i hunt is with in 30min of me, now is the end of the season, most fields are either over grown or shot out.

next june will be prime time

right now im lucky to get 1 or 2 kills when i go out

how could you shoot one of theses little bastards look at him, stick some cards in his hand maybe a cigar, i can understand a gopher or something, but i dont think i could bring myself to shoot this one, at least not with him sitting like that , maybe if he was dressed like a nazi or somethin id do it, or if i was starving i wouldnt think twice. but if i was just out hunting i think id let this one go:rolleyes:
marmot-edit1.jpg

How about if they carried this:

montanafleag.jpg

An adult male Oropsylla Montana flea, a carrier of bubonic plague bacteria.
Photo courtesy of the CDC...

Groundhogs, prairie dogs, rock chucks, wood chucks, all carry the bubonic plague due to this little rascal. Without controlling their numbers, more and more people would get sick. So consider it pest control, like killing rats, mice, and squirrels, who all carry it as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.