Grizzly charge

Amre2me2

We watched this bear for 45 minutes as she feed towards us. We had video cameras set as we were filming a TV show. When she came over the rise, I think she was surprised to see us so she had to do something. She decided to charge, stopping at 12 feet, spinning around and taking off. This picture is taken off of the video.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 168
She stopped at 12 yards doesn't say much about what was going on in heads, hearts and hind ends. :)

And I supposed the camera missed the good part. :rolleyes: As is typical, at least for me.:)

How's about calling a little more color on the event. Kinda like those football announcers who use a lot of words to say very little. :)

Great pic.

There were three of us there, two of us were ready to shoot but neither of us felt that it was necessary, hard to explain. This was taken NE of Kotzebue, AK. The entire charge was captured by two cameras and aired on the TV show, Northwest Hunter.

Last edited:
Never been able to download the footage from the camera I had because it was on HD tape, not on a hard drive. The Northwest Hunter website had it on their website a while back, not sure if it is still there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.