greetings from the south

KIWI AL

gday
been a member for a while and thought it was about time to introduce my self to any ones thats intrested.
most of ya would of noticed that im from nz with a passion for hunting deer and varmits.
my trusty rifle is a rem titanium in 7 saum (which is currentry on its way to df maisly gunsmiths to get souped up a bit)
currently in oz working and looking forward to all the spoils hunting here(albeit with out my trusty fire stick.

welcome! I had to laugh at myself for being a little closed minded -> when I saw that you were from the south I assumed that you were from the southern US. It turns out that when I ASSuMe something I made an.... well, you get the point :)

How much lighter is that Rem Titanium than the standard?

Re: greetings from down under

sorry about that one mate.after i posted the thread i realised that such a thing could and proberly would happen so ive changed the title to suit.
the wieght differance between the ti and standard sps is only about three quatures of a pound i think(the action is half a pound lighter than a eqivilent steel short action)with the pack in hunts back home in the mountains every ounce counts.
curently pulling remainding hair out as gunsmith back home isnt happie about ordering custom reamer with out dummie rounds made up.
i was wanting .316 neck and throat set up to get 162 gr amax to just touch the rifleing with a 3 inch oal.
as all my reloading gear is back home im unsure on what i can do.
thanks for the welcome and theyr some sweet looking shooting rigs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts