Greetings from South Africa

Hannes Naude

Hi there,

My name is Hannes Naude living at Perdeberg, near Kimberley in South Africa. Attached is some Kudu hunting pictures of my latest hunting. I am a avid .270 win hunter and shoot up to 400m with ease on all game up to Kudu.

I don't want to start a calibre war, but is shot placement and a dependable bullet key to my shooting. I am not a believer of high velocity or grand or brag bullets, shoot it in the head / neck and 90% of shots is a oneshot drop.

Greetings

Hannes Naude
[email protected]

Attachments

• Koedoe.jpg
    Koedoe.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 247712_349098148514941_1857110057_n.jpg
    247712_349098148514941_1857110057_n.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo0241 - Copy.jpg
    Photo0241 - Copy.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 79
Hello there SA!
Nice Kudu! Are they a hard critter to hunt? Such as skittish to humans, to the point you can only stalk them up to a certain distance before shooting.

cheers
BoiseBrett

Hi there Boisebrett,

Yes Kudu is hard to stalk but if you know their walking and grazing pattern it's not that difficult. I've come as close as 25 meter from them but then the wind direction must be in front of you. As I am hunting on the farms I am employed
on as farm manager I daily see their patterns and is that a huge help. If you hunt on a game farm you should have a good PH with extensive knowledge of that game farm. ( I would use the farmworkers of that game farm together with the PH, as the farmworkers know the farm the best)

I am using Hornady Interlock bullets as they are cheap and is the penetration and expansion very good(around R500 for 100 and not standing back for R1 000 /100 bullets). 150 gr for kudu and 130gr for smaller game size.Primers is CCI and the power S365 of Somchem.

Greetings

Hannes Naude

One of my dream hunts is African Kudu! I was in SA in 1995 for work. Did not have time to hunt. I would like to make it back there again someday.

I admit I don't know very much about them. I imagine they are a plains animal and water source is a key intercept area. Do they hide out in brushy country?

Brett

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.