Got my first longrange rig need some help

i have no idea what brake in on it . it's the one they recommended and work's really well it has the ports all the way around . i put 40 down the tube off the bench the first time out with it . i can post a picture tomorrow if you want

i haven't had a chance to shoot lytle yet but alot of the guy's i work with do. i been going to angeles of the 210 . i need to get out to lytle one day . but at work i have a big plate of work for the next 3 month's .

whats your impression of bolsa i asked them to bore scope my 270 to see what condition the barrel was in and they said they don't do that and for
$125 they would shoot and let me know how accurate it is . i been hesitant to go back and the guys at work shy away from them i been sending my stuff out of state to get work done. bolsa did do a trigger job on the LSS and its very nice . its the older style trigger but have learned to to it my self since then i did it on my VLS and can't tell the difference just the one i did has a lighter pull
i live in cypress

JIM N

Last edited:
When I do convert to a .338 edge Bolsa will NOT be doing the work on it. For something as basic as the brake, trigger work, and glass bedding the action, I had them do it.

So, I guess you can see that I do not care too much for them....that and they are actually a little rude to you when they're busy. My dad wont go there anymore because he was told by them on the phone they were "too busy to talk to him" He said with an attitude like that, you're too busy for my business.

the brake they put on worked very well and the trigger was very nice that's the positive side
on the negative as your dad said very arrogant they do alot of military and alot of law enforcement so there not very people friendly. i found it odd they could not borescope my weatherby

bedding the 700 is very easy to do . im getting ready to do a my VLS and a savage for a guy at work

as far as bolsa goes alot of negative and not much positive and the muzzle brake bolsa put on rusted by the time i got home from colorado there was some dampness in the rifle case so im not sure what its made out of i know its not ordnance grade SS
JIM

Last edited:
Holy Hell, Jim! I've just decided after one of my posts here that I am going to use the Holland QD brake instead and you've just confirmed it!!

What trigger did you end up using? I am going to use the Shilen trigger as the jewel is just too rich for my blood.

How often do you get out shooting? I figure once all of this is done in about 3 weeks I am going to try and make an effort to get out at least once a month, so I figure a membership at lyttle may be in order.

What have you found your rifle to like as far as reloading? I have not done very much with mine as far as load development, but it liked the 200g AB at 94g of tumbo. I forgot the numbers off the top of my head, but I think they were strung together right around 3250!

sorry for hijacking the thread!!

i been working 60 hr. weeks for the last 8 month's and haven't had a chance to anything but put gas in my car and i have 3 months to go before the project is over by then i should have some time to shoot

by then i should finish getting my reloading stuff all set up i been shooting the 180 gr. coreloc ultra there printing 1/2 moa and banging gongs at 700 yards but there expensive

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.