Goodgrouper.....Hunter's Extreme Copper Melt

kac1345

Goodgrouper.....Hunter\'s Extreme Copper Melt

Well like I said I ordered the stuff when I did I ordered the 25 & the 27 cal nylon brushes for my .308 and my .338 Lapua.. I kind of expected the wrong brushes to come because the guy was not really sure what I was talking about undersized brushes and all when I placed the order ...anyways the stuff came today.. with the correct brushes....so I rushed out and started on my GA Precision Rock after about 5 min of scrubing with numerous patches wet with copper melt (No Copper) at all! so I dryed the bore put it back in the safe and moved on to the lapua again NO Copper at all! I have no doubt this stuff really works... I guess I came to the conclusion that I am TOTALY ANAL!! about cleaning my guns...I can get my bores Totaly clean of copper in about 5-10 min using shooters choice and Sweets wiping out the bore in between the two with denatured alcohole..then just drying with a few clean patches...so far the only advantage to this coppermelt is less crap to transport to the range...also it may get my barrel clean in half the time mentioned above with conventional cleaners I dunno yet?..need to go foul my barrel and put this coppermelt to the test! as soon as it quits raining /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Re: Goodgrouper.....Hunter\'s Extreme Copper Melt

You have smooth barrels! I am anal about cleaning too, and have used CR-10 and Sweets for about 8 years now and they do work. But Coppermelt works quicker! Get those barrels really dirty when it quits raining and let us know what you think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah I figured they had to be super smooth lol! I guess mike Rock does a good job hand lapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will let ya know know when it dry's out.

Keith

I have been using this coppermelt for about a year now, it saves me a great deal of time, and keeps the guns shooting accuratly,It also helps to get most of the moly out.My favorite gunsmith said about moly " use it but clean the gun like you normally would.IE: remove the residue.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.