Good Price On Sendero

BMosh

I have a Remington 700 Sendero in .300WM with a stainless fluted barrel I'm contemplating selling to a good friend. The rifle has no more than 300 rounds down the tube, probably less. Has a muzzle break and two piece base installed. The gun is in overall great shape. I just have another .300wm that I have plans for. Seems as though I'm finding them online anywhere from $1150-$1600. I want to float this guy a price, but also want to be fair on both ends.

Again this guy is a good friend so I'm willing to make him a good deal but not willing to just give the thing away... I have projects to fund :cool:

Think $1000 is a fair offer?

Will not be for sale outside of this guy... Just for those wondering.

Remington 700 Sendero in .300WM with a stainless fluted barrel:
Fluting is a personal choice; does nothing for the usefulness of the rifle beyond making it lighter to carry. As an aid to cooling (which is open to debate) the rifle doesn't generally get hot enough in hunting activity to make it important.
The rifle has no more than 300 rounds down the tube, probably less:
So it's' just about right for some serious shooting.
Has a muzzle break:
After market = $100 (on a used factory cut muzzle and custom fitted about fifty bucks more.
and two piece base installed:
About $20 - $75 depending on type.
The gun is in overall great shape:
That's what we all say :D.
I'm finding them online anywhere from $1150-$1600:
So you're competing with the lowest price (I've found 'em new for under $1,200)
Sure, it's fair. It's no steal, but IMO it's fair.

I bought a brand new one in 300RUM for $1,150. I would rather spend another $150.00 over a used one and get a new one with more barrel life.

Sure, it's fair. It's no steal, but IMO it's fair.

lightbulb The hidden savings to the buyer are the fact that there are no shipping costs, no tax, and you pay the FFL transfer fees. That should add up to a savings of another hundred bucks for him. Assuming it's been properly cleaned and cared for, 300 rounds down the tube doesn't amount to much at all.

I bought a .300 RUM Sendero new,sent it to Billy Stevens and had a muzzlebrake installed. I got it back, decided to sell it, still unfired. I sold it to my closest friend for what I had in it. I broke even and ended up with a nice rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.