Glass for 300 RUM

Travis1971

Hello, I'm looking for a scope for my 300 RUM and I wanted to be under the $900 mark. With that said I have been debating over a couple off issues FFP or second? I have never used FFP. I don't plan on using it over 500 yards but who knows. And what brand? I see so many opinions on this and reality is there is no way I can test them all out or even have access to look through many of the options. What ever I order I will be stuck with. I want something that will work well in low light conditions and strong enough the lenses don't pop out lol. I hear a lot about the vortex, zeiss, sightron, Meopta, Steiner GS3 . These are basically the brands I have good reviews on??

For this budget I would look at zeiss conquest with target turrets if they are still in production.
As for ffp it might be valuable in my view when you use a reticle on different magnifications. If you use turrets then there no difference in my view except price.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.