Gempro 250

Shane Lindsey

Good evening,

Anyone have one of these and it drifts on you?

Was trying to use it today and would not tare/zero. Would continuously give positive and negative numbers when it should return to zero.

Trouble shooting with all but a drop test.
Turned it off, unplugged, straightened power chord, re-zeroed, adjusted legs, took off the plates and put back, seemed to hold zero and then started to drift again.

Almost went to the fishes...

I love mine. Very accurate. Unfortunately they are very sensitive. They need to warm up. There can be no airflow like a fan or a/c vent near by. I keep all electrical away from it. My phone included. And use led lighting. Flourescent lighting plays havoc with them. Once I figured out the quirks, mine is very accurate and repeatable. Good luck….

I have the 500 model. Like most all, they need to warm up. Also, ANY tiny air flow over it will give you strange readings.
I have also found that after warming up, lifting the pan will show a number. Do it several times to get a number that stays the same. You always want that number the remain the same throughout your loading. You may have to hit TARE several times to make it settle down. GW Hunter has good advise too. For the most part, I'm really just re-posting his comments!

I had the same problem with mine, after I took the screw out and plate and blew it out by my mouth underneath of it it worked great again. There must have been a kernel of powder stuck between the load cell and plate because it worked perfect after that and some kernels fell out after I tipped it on its side and upside down

So never thought about the fluorescent light. Reloading room has one overhead as the workshop. I guess it's by candle light or bust 🤣....wait

I typically turn it on and then do prep. Load primers, data books, cascade powder from 8lb to little container, etc. Have only had it do this once before. Turned it off and re-adjusted the legs and seemed to work fine until yesterday.

Thanks for the advice/reminders.

Confidence is definitely shaken. It is going to take a bit to gain it back.

Last edited:
So still trouble shooting, but am hopeful.

I removed both plates again. On the little round "plate holder" that you screw the plate into, I tared it. Then did the zeroing sequence. I then continued to put the 20g weight back on that little circle. It was consistent at 20g. Thought about just putting the pan on it and seeing what it would do, but I would end up spilling powder all over in the there. I put the plates back on "lightly" screwed the one back in and then zeroed again. It seemed to be pretty consistent.

I am going to let it rest for a bit and will go back down and see if it was a fluke. If so, I guess I am off to sell a kid...Hey Wedgy wanna trade, the boy is only slightly lazy...shoots good though.