• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Gempro 250

jonboatjockey

Looking to pick up a Gempro 250, I've seen a few on "the hide" recently and thought I'd try here. I know its a long shot but maybe some one has upgraded from theirs.

Thanks

They have been discontinued by Myweigh. I've had a couple replaced under warranty and the one I have now just failed. They are mailing me a refund for the purchase price. When they work they are great. Do yourself a favor and look at another option.

They have been discontinued by Myweigh. I've had a couple replaced under warranty and the one I have now just failed. They are mailing me a refund for the purchase price. When they work they are great. Do yourself a favor and look at another option.

X2. They don't even try and fix them anymore or replace them. Just send you a MO for the purchase amount. I just did the same thing on my second one.

Any recommendations on a similar scale then. Just using it to check charges from the thrower and check against my charge master lite

I have one that is working that I am willing to part with. Disclosure, they are very sensitive to changes in climate. Ran mine for a few years without a problem, then. One day I decided to take it to a friends house and it was way off and would wonder all over the place. So I brought it home plugged it in and it still wondered. I had to leave it plugged in for a week before it quit wondering and would accurately weigh. I bought an FX 120i. I have left the gem pro plugged in since that day and use it regularly when only doing a few rounds at a time and it has worked flawless. Let me know if you are still interested in owning one

X2. They don't even try and fix them anymore or replace them. Just send you a MO for the purchase amount. I just did the same thing on my second one.
I should have done that, but threw it in the trash along with the first one. My ChargeMaster was more consist than the Gempro. Thank goodness for the FX-120i, you get what you pay for.

My Gempro still works fine, although I quit using it. I went back to using my RCBS 505 scale with a magnifying glass in place to be able to align the "balance" lines more exactly. I have to be careful of any air currents in the room moving the balance beam, but I find the precision to be nearly as good as the Gempro. I can see movement caused by the trickled addition of just two kernels of stick powder or 3 kernels of ball powder - the same as with the GEMpro. Granted the exact location of the counterweights each time will cause some variability from reloading session to session, but in checking individual loads using this method with my 505 against the GEMpro reading, I was consistently within 0.05 grains, and given all the other variables related to creating accurate loads, I daresay my powder charge weight variability is not going to be a factor.

I guess that I am one of the lucky ones. Mine has worked flawlessly over the last 8 yrs. With the problems that people were having with theirs, that I kept reading about in the forums. I watch my like a hawk, when charging my cases.
I make it a point to drop my charge in the pan,. Place it on the scale,,, wait a second for it to stabilize,,, trickle my charge in the pan,,, wait for it to stabilize,,, dump my charge in the case and set the pan back on the scale and wait for it to zero before I drop my next charge.
From day one, when I first turned it on, it has been a great scale, not a problem, period. I also have never turned it off. After researching and looking for a replacement for the day it does die off. The only one that I have found that is worth the time and money is the FX-120i. ( get ready to spend $500.00 plus dollars)
The question here is,,,, What level of PRECISION do you require???? In the game of reloading,, PRECISION = $$$.

Last edited:
I just bought an A&D FX-120i to replace my Gempro 250. It should be here on Monday. It's like anything, quality costs $$$. After 3 bad Gempro 250's I had to do something else. This by all accounts is the best balance(Scale) for reloading.

I just bought an A&D FX-120i to replace my Gempro 250. It should be here on Monday. It's like anything, quality costs $$$. After 3 bad Gempro 250's I had to do something else. This by all accounts is the best balance(Scale) for reloading.
You will love your A&D. I got one for Christmas and it is the best scale ever. Get a current conditioner and you will have no problems. Truly weighs down to the individual granule of powder. A Dandy 2 speed trickler and Trip-Lite current conditioner make mine a near perfect set up.