G'day from NZ

Torana

Hi All,
just joined the site to learn a bit more about shooting at longer ranges.
Cheers
Scott.

Welcome Scott,
There is an absolute wealth of information here, NZ is one of the best countries in the world for free range hunting and fishing. What are your current set ups for long range?

Yup. I reckon I'm in the best country in the world for hunting...but then I am biased.

Stretching to longer ranges is just something I am trying out. And as such I do not have a dedicated long range rifle as I can't afford a rifle for every situation. I also do a lot of bush hunting so my rifle is a bit of a compromise.

It is a Remington 700 SA chambered to .284 Win. It has a 22" locally made barrel. So far it is shooting pretty good, but I've only developed one load for it.

Most of my hunting here is very similar, the 7mm are a great choice, I have recently acquired the sambar bug which has taking up all of my hunting time this year. I had a 6.5x47L built on a 700sa a couple of years back which I use for long range fallow, goats and pigs. Look up Ballistic Studies there in NZ, Nathan Foster has a lot of good information on hunting, bullet selection etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.