G'day from Australia

sambar02

Hi my name is Ian I live in the north east part of the state of Victoria in Australia .My main interest is hunting Sambar deer which we can do 365 days of the year with no bag or sex limits. I hunt them by stalking (still hunting )and over beagles and or blood hounds in the cooler months some restrictions apply with the hounds.Occasionally i chase fallow deer as well same deal cept not allowed to use hounds.I also hunt rabbits ,foxes,wild dogs & dingoes and every now and then wild pigs and goats and cull roos under permit when required.Keep meaning to gety around to hunting the other 4 species of deer we have Rusa,Chital (Axis),Red and Hog deer but having to much fun chasing Sambar.Hope to pick up some new ideas and advice from these forums some new freinds wouldn't be bad either.

G'day mate there are a few Aussies on here so you wont be alone . This is a great site with no BS and plenty of very knowledgable guys who are only willing to help without the mines bigger then yours CR#P just good honest answers.

All the Aussie guys pretty much hunt deer and have longrange rigs so advice on a local level is excelent.

Andrew

Always good to see another digger on the site !

Welcome aboard !

There is a fair group of us on here now so theres lots of good local humor and topics you will be familiar with. Any guy who loves sambar will fit in just fine !

Talk soon mate.

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.