Gasoline shortage in South East GA

Siphoning is not that big of a deal. Now the a-holes drill a hole in the bottom of your tank (most of which are now plastic) and fill a bucket with your gas. There isn't enough left in your tank to start the car much less drive to the gas station to refill it. Local news bimbo was doing an on-the-scene report of a victim of such a theft. At the end of the story she said "Local authorities recommend preventive measures such as using a locking gas cap on your car". I almost choked on my dinner- A locking gas cap won't even slow down someone drilling a hole in the bottom of your gas tank.

Last edited:
Talking about back in the mid 70's as a teen not having 2 nickels to rub together. You're right, they are one step ahead of the recommended advice from local authorities. I'm confident we all cringe at some brilliant things we did as youth. Nothing like the Seattle/Portland CHOP zones youth or young adults doing presently.

Siphoning is not that big of a deal. Now the a-holes drill a hole in the bottom of your tank (most of which are now plastic) and fill a bucket with your gas. There isn't enough left in your tank to start the car much less drive to the gas station to refill it. Local news bimbo was doing an on-the-scene report of a victim of such a theft. At the end of the story she said "Local authorities recommend preventive measures such as using a locking gas cap on your car". I almost choked on my dinner- A locking gas cap won't even slow down someone drilling a hole in the bottom of your gas tank.
A few years ago I worked with a guy that had his catalytic converter cut off right in his driveway! Now that takes some big you know what's.